| Making the decision: The 10 Commandments
Making the decision: The 10 Commandments
Obviously, the decision to have sex is a personal one. Some people (however
unwisely) still choose to have sex without any emotional commitment. There are
several criteria I strongly urge you to consider before making the decision to
have sex. Hold off until:
- You really trust one another with your emotional and physical health.
- You able to communicate openly about your needs and desires and how you
feel about each other.
- You understand each other's attitudes toward dating and sex.
- You understand your own physical, emotional, and sexual needs.
- You have spent time together
- You have observed how she treats other people.
- You have observed how he behaves under pressure or in emergencies.
- You understand the consequences of having sex.
- You are willing to be responsible about birth control and safe sex.
- You've had at least six dates.